Wednesday 25 April 2012

my creative space . . . just chillin :)

Not a huge amount happening this week - I have a lovely long list of 'things to do' in my crafty diary and have managed to tick off ONE so far! I think there may be a little 'burn-out' syndrome going on after last week's fair :) I did manage to edge a couple of my granny squares in black double crochet - really enjoying having this as a background project, perfect when the motivation for other stuff isn't quite there!!

Baked some scones at the beginning of the week (think I ate most of them!) and am enjoying browsing through this fabulous book - Craft Activism, which is giving me all sorts of notions and ideas - just love it! (I think some yarn-bombing is definitely on the cards, hehe!!)

It was my niece's birthday this week so I made her one of my 'tweedie' cupcake cards (with sprinkles of course!) . . .

. . . and managed to add some of my craft fair stock to my Esty shop - hurray!! :) Looking forward to adding more stock as I make it for the next fairs (I've booked a small number over the Summer). Really enjoyed finishing off these rustic 'tweedie' garlands which I'd started last Summer - no rush!!! Here's the heart one which I added to my Etsy shop . . .

Loads of ideas in my head at the moment - just got to process 'em! :)

More creative types over here - Byee!

Alison x

P.S. Blogger is really driving me nuts at the moment since it changed over - aaaaaaargh! Anyone else having difficulty getting to grips with it - or am I just getting old, don't answer that one hehe!

11 comments:

BigLittle said...

Love the little tweed hearts garland. Divine! Lisa x

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh what a sweet Tweed inspired blog, just lovely. The cup cake is adorable. I just donated a bunch of tweed fabrics do charity, wish you lived closer!!
I've just changed over to a new computer & blogger seems to be same as it was the last time it went bonkers & i finally got things on track again, i'm running smoothly, holding my breath.
Greetings from Australia & your new follower, love Posie

Jen said...

LOVE the look of that card!! :)

LionessLady said...

I looove your squares! And that book certainly looks interesting! Another howdy do from Aussie!

Claire said...

Yarn bombing ....absolutely, hehe.....

Love the black edging on the granny squares Alison and that cupcake card is too cute with it's 'sprinkles'....

A little bit of 'burn out' going on here too, need a break and I've been busy in the garden which is definitely looking alot tidier!!

♥♥ your tweed heart garlands..

I am yet to do battle with blogger, eek!!



Claire x

Judy said...

Great grannys, gorgeous hearts and yes I'm pretty new to blogging and not particularly confident so the changes have now got me all confused again no end!!

Bron said...

The ebbs and flow of crafting... love the crochet project though. x

Jo's Place said...

Gorgeous cupcake (and everything else of course)

Mandy said...

Love the little grannies happening! Love the colours! & the cupcake looks delicious!

(sweetlittle)librarygirl said...

Sweetest ever blog. I Love the blog header houses. I think fabric houses are the cutest thing ever!! Very inspired now!

june at noon said...

I really like that black edging--not something you often see on grannies, but such a nice contrast!