Monday 8 July 2013

I was just passing . . . . :D

It seems to have been a month since I've popped by - who knew?  So much going on at the end of the school year and now we're on school holidays,  so everything has slowed right down - me too!

Commercial  crafty work has come to a halt pretty much - trying to juggle everything just becomes too much in the school holidays so I've decided to throw in the towel and just enjoy some creative crafting.  My youngest and I made these yummy white choc chip and raspberry muffins on Saturday - I'd never made muffins before but had bought a cheap muffin tin recently which was waiting to be used!  Here they are . . . 


Sorry, but we ate them all - they were delish :D  I used a recipe from this book which I hugely recommend for kids interested in cooking or baking.  'Little S' got his copy as a present from his very thoughtful Auntie - it's been well used and is really excellent, with great illustrations.  Fantastic for the school holidays :)


I'm just finishing another fair-isle bag - this time for my sister-in-law.  It's  my third version using this pattern - yes, I really do love making them!  Funnily enough I did NOT like the colours for this version,  but she told me she liked purples and pinks, so who was I to argue (and it was a good  excuse to add to my stash of yarn colours, hehe!).  It's gone slower than the last two I've made but I'm now making the chord strap, so I'm on the home stretch thankfully . . . 


Here's a little mosaic of some of the wild flowers in bloom over the last month or so, near my home . . .


Inadvertently, similar colours to the fair isle bag!  Funny that :D

I'll try and pop in over the hols if I've been doing anything vaguely interesting craft-wise - we're all a bit chilled out at the moment, no rush :) :)  Tweedie-work temporarily suspended - ooops!

'Speak' soon
Alison xx

2 comments:

Florcita said...

The amount of work in that bag! you have to count every stitch dont you?? wow!
im hangry after those muffins! Enjoy your vacations!

june at noon said...

Well coordinated, the muffins and yarn colors and wildflowers. Funny how that works sometimes! Still loving the bag idea. I don't think I'd pick those colors for myself, either, but it's still very pretty!