Thursday, 21 May 2015

Tiglar complete!

Ta Dah!  My Tiglar sweater is complete and now gifted so I can put it on my blog :)  Mot sure that my photos do it justice but anyway this first one is one I took the day I finished it - a lovely sunny Spring day!  (not sure what's happened to our weather since then - it's almost back to Winter now, so good lopapeysa weather) . . .



All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out - it was a perfect fit as I used an existing sweater as a template.  The only finishing to do once I'd completed the pattern was to graft the underarm stitches together using kitchener stitch (and darn in loose ends of course). This is a technique I'm well used to during my sock knitting so it stood me in good stead - I still follow written instructions for it though!  It gives a lovely neat finish and it worked well - no lumpy, bulky underarm seams. 

Love that this style of sweater is done entirely in the round and in one piece - I'd definitely make another one :)

If you're thinking of making a lopapeysa, I'd definitely recommend giving it a go - they're great fun and quite straightforward (you might need good arm and shoulder muscles though - they become quite heavy by the time you reach the neck shaping!)

See you soon!
Alison x

7 comments:

Sam Findlay said...

It looks amazing, well done!

Gaia said...

So pretty !!

Alessandra Poggiagliolmi said...

WOW!!!! really good job Ali!!!! congratulations, xxxxxx Ale

Biba said...

Oh my goodness, Alison, this is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations, this is no 'amateur stuff'! :)

fairislerona said...

Looks great Alison, hope its not worn too many days at the moment or are your 'Summers' that cold on Lewis? x

Emma (My Red Wellies) said...

Oh its a beauty! Weather here has been pretty wintery too but the sun graced good old Aberdeenshire with a visit today... going to have a look at that sweater pattern. Although as I've yet to master in the round knitting it may be a while before I start it haha. Thanks for the inspiration x

Claire said...

Wow, it looks amazing Alison, you are such a clever thing......I imagine it will get plenty of wear in your climate.
Have a great weekend....xx