Thursday 19 November 2015

Now where was I . . . ?

My blog has been a little quiet this month - a combination of a rather sluggish laptop and well, just getting caught up in crafting and not getting round to recording it here - oops!  I started off at the beginning of the month doing some little Christmas decorations because, well the patterns I came across were just so cute!

Here's the main ones . . .


How cute would these look on your tree!  I found this pattern here.  Really fun to make and easy - I followed the screen instructions and then scribbled them down as you can see here - nice to add to Xmas pressies I think :)

Next up was some cute Sweater ornaments - well I couldn't resist these . . .


Another afternoon spent faffing about, but a lot of fun - my family really thought I was losing the plot at this point!  Why are you making them????  Well, they're fun!  And quicker than an actual size jumper :)  You can get the pattern here :)  I used some leftover shetland yarn and 2.75 mm needles (I think!).  I used a pattern from my Norwegian pattern book for the green one (more of that to follow next).

Well, these distracted me for a little while at least, until . . . . .  I got really caught up in Mary Jane Mucklestones pattern book '150 Scandinavian Knitting Designs' and decide to try out some of them for smaller items eg. purses just so I could have an excuse to knit them.  They're such lovely vibrant designs, they're hard to resist.

I started on this page - very Christmassy colours I thought! . . .


I loved the owl pattern so ended up with a little purselet . . .


Sorry!  Dark pictures - it's that time of year :)

Finally, I had a go of the reindeer pattern - he was so lovely, I had to try it out!


I also added a key ring to one of the sweaters - I thought the two things would make a nice gift for 'someone'!!  It's all very haphazard this crafting at the moment - ooops!

I'm blaming the cat as she's very distracting LOL.  She's still just a little kitten - almost 7 months old though but wants in and out constantly.  She will have to get a little operation next week - she's being neutered poor thing but  we can relax a little more about letting her out and about afterwards ;-)


I will be holding her paw next week after the operation until she recovers - I'm sure she'll be fine though :) :)

Cheerio an Drasda!
Alison x


3 comments:

Gaia said...

I love the ornaments, specially the sweater, how cute is that!! I also like the purse.

homemade@myplace said...

I have the same book!!!!! It's the one I've been using for doing some pixelated crochet !!!! As you, I love very much the reindeers of all charts!!!!
The purses are really great gifts!!!!
xxxxxx Ale

.... your kitty will be fine, no worries!!!!

Claire said...

Hey Alison, love your little ornaments, the sweaters are just too cute and your purselets are wonderful. Great gifts for someone......nice to have a little catch up on what you've been up to.
Hope all is well with you and the family.

Claire xx