Friday 25 March 2016

Impromptu Tea Party :)

We had an impromptu tea party last weekend (or was it the weekend before - time flies!) to celebrate the completion of the tea cosy :)  Actually 'teenage son' was more taken with the teapot I'd picked up in the charity shop - I didn't have one the right size to fit the cosy!  So he decided we should take out the best china and go the whole hog :)  I think he just wanted the lovely scones I'd bought the day before . . .


Here's a couple more views . . .


from above . . .


This was such a lovely pattern (Sheep Carousel by Kate Davies) to work on - I learnt a couple of new techniques - namely how to cut a steek in my knitting - yikes!!   Also how to to do an i-chord bind off, which leaves a lovely tubular knitted finish to your piece - so I was happy with my tea cosy and we enjoyed the scones too :) :)

This was actually two weeks ago and I don't seem to have stopped crafting for my Etsy shop since then - pheeeeew,  I'm ready for Easter!  Too many crafty makes for this post so I'll save them for another one - I'm off to have another cup of tea before I head off to the office job, I'm not using the best china today though!

Have a lovely Easter weekend :)

Bye for now
Alison x

3 comments:

fairislerona said...

That tea cosy looks so cool Alison, have a lovely Easter dear x

Sam Findlay said...

Love that tea cosy!

Gaia said...

Tea cosy is so sweet!