Sunday 19 February 2017

February - get knitting!

Well, hello :)  No posts for a month - I've just been crafting a bit intensively I think!  Spending a lot of time making items and photographing them for my Etsy shop - it's left me little time to take any photos for my poor wee blog!

Last month I seemed to have been bitten by the crochet bug.  February seems to be the month for getting knitting - hurray!  I've been struggling at times to get knitted items in my shop.  Time constraints as knitting is more time consuming than crochet or sewing I find anyway, the cost of buying yarn of course, and finding patterns which knitwear designers give permission for the finished items to be sold - so nice to have found some of these!

This week was the week of the bobble hat - these were such fun to make . . . .


Pattern design by RusticWillowCreation



Pattern design by Knifty Knittings

In between I've been making a few tweedie collage items which I've loved . . .



One of three collage brooches I've made for the shop.


This collage purse was inspired by a little textile art collage piece I'd made last month :)

Last weekend I popped into my local yarn shop to see if I could get some wool to finish off one of the bobble hats.  The wool wasn't there but I know the lovely lady who owns the shop and couldn't leave empty handed so purchased some very reasonably priced sock yarn.  I was thinking a lace shawl maybe but ended up starting to knit some lace socks from one of my Shetland Lace Knitting books (The Magic of Shetland Lace Knitting by Elizabeth Lovick).

It doesn't look like much but I think it'll look very pretty once complete . . .


The lace pattern is a Shetland traditional one called candle light - it's really pretty once you see a few repeats of it.  This could be a long project though as I'm just taking my time and enjoying being a little medatative with something very intricate - you can't rush lace knitting!

We've just had half term holidays last weekend so back into the swing of things in general.  Looking forward to Easter holidays already though as we've had lovely mild weather here - it feels like Spring already!

Speak soon
Alison x

2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Love the hats and the tweed collage brooch is a delight.

Gaia said...

You have been busy.. I love the collage brooches and the knitted hats are lovely.