I tried to make one of the fabulous crochet blocks from my '201 crochet motifs, blocks, projects and ideas' book by Melody Griffiths on Sunday - I loved the look of this log-cabin patchwork inspired block, so I gave it a whirl . . .
I didn't use the colour scheme, but just had to go with what yarns I have, which are pretty limited! It was a test piece but I'm gonna use it anyway as I want my blanket to look quite spontaneous and experimental. I like the idea of it looking a little like lego blocks, a little 'modern art', a little rustic/tribal - it'll be a mish-mash basically!
I joined the four treble squares to the larger patchwork one as I wanted to see if the idea will actually work, I think I'm going to have some trouble with the treble squares pulling against the straight lines of the log-cabin effect square . . .
. . . back to the drawing board maybe, but I might just carry on and let it 'evolve' hehe! I've very little yarn and I'm thinking of just using the dribs and drabs I have and acquiring odd balls of cheap yarn wherever I can find them, over the next few months. If you want to join up to Pip's project just click here
. . . I'll maybe do a monthly post on the progress of the blanket, when there's something of interest to show! I DO hope to continue learning to make different kinds of granny squares/blocks in between (possibly daily, possibly not!) . . . it's all a bit of fun :D