Monday 17 March 2014

Eggs is eggs . . .

After making the matryoshka softie last week, I was still dabbling around with my fabrics and stuffing.  I started playing around with the idea of making Harris Tweeds eggs - yes, you heard that right :) :) Well, Easter is on the horizon and although I don't always make seasonal products, it's nice to make something that would make a fun, appropriate gift with a difference!


I scented the second one I made with some lavender,  so it's soft, squishy, and smells nice too . . .


Still a little in 'prototype' mode, but they look quite pretty perched on a dressing table, particularly if they're scented.  The one above has a linen backing which is probably how I'll make any future ones.  I'm waiting for a little batch of ribbon in the post today (I'm trying to use as much of my current supplies as possible but my ribbon stash is very low!) and apart from getting some more stuffing,  I'm ready to break some more eggs!

Nice to have a new product to work on though -  I think they would make a nice alternative to yet MORE chocolate!  Hope to have a little batch of them to show you soon :)

Perhaps I'll try to make an extra one to giveaway on my blog - watch this space!

Happy Monday!
Alison x

P.S.  Just updated my post with the new 'ribbon' egg :) :)

7 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

this is great Alison!!!!!! really lovely idea!!!!
xxxxxx Ale

Biba said...

Brilliant! Looks absolutely gorgeous!

Claire said...

They look lovely Alison, particularly like the top one with it's lush bow.....
Would love to see the chicks that hatch out of these beauties!!

ClaireXx

Unknown said...

Ooo i love these! I wld certainly buy one!! Mezz xx

Unknown said...

Ooo i love these! I wld certainly buy one!! Mezz xx

june at noon said...

With the lavender they would make great little sachets, too. I like the ribbon touch!

Babajeza said...

These eggs are so cute! Great idea as a gift for fabric lovers. Have a nice week and happy crafting! Regula