Thursday 13 March 2014

Off the radar, completely . . . . ooops :)

Oooops, I appear to have taken an unplanned break from my blog - too much knitty stuff, a little sorting out, a little mid-term break in Glasgow - all good things :) :)  Well, almost all good - I have been without my internet connection for a whole ten days - can you imagine!!  We're all better now though - pheeeew :)

At last I can show you some 'tweedie' creativity - a little matryoshka doll, made almost from pure frustration without my connection to the rest of the planet ie. internet!  Well, something good came from it . .


She's a 'tweedie' girl with a 'tweedie' heart, hehe :)

You can just see my woodland garland behind her above, and more below . . .


More close-up shots, I tried to get her 'good' side ;-) . . . 


Not sure where she's headed yet ie. Etsy or not?  She may mark the start of some tweedie stock-making - we'll see :) :)  No craft fairs planned so far this year - I think I'll just pitch up a tent in the garden to sell my 'tweedie' wares - wouldn't that be fun!!  Perhaps not in the rain though :)  

(Must admit she certainly re-kindled my interest in softie-making though - time to get the stuffing out again, yaaay!!)

Alison x

7 comments:

Biba said...

Missed your creative contributions! Lovely crafting, as always :)

Gaia said...

Beautifully made...
I am new follower of your blog.
- Gaia

homemade@myplace said...

yes, a lovely babushka !!!!!! I love this kind of dolls a lot!!!!
welcome back, xxxxxxx Ale

Claire said...

10 days without the internet, yikes, that's a long time isn't it? What on earth did we do before computers eh?
Love your Babushka Alison and your gorgeous woodland garland it's just lovely.

Hope you have a great weekend,

Claire Xx

Babajeza said...

She is adorable! :-)

Oma Rose said...

Love reading your blog. Your scarf is gorgeous. A fellow crafty Tweed from down under :)

june at noon said...

She's cute, and so is the garland! A door-side craft booth isn't a bad idea. Put it next to the fence so shoppers can pet the sheep on their way through. :)