Monday 14 April 2014

Catching Up . . . on the little things

Here's a photograph of some keyrings I was working on last Saturday - I''ve got a whole week of crafting to catch up on!  It looks like an image from a chldren's book LOL . . .

. . . . Bhroooooooooom!  They're off . . . . . hope the tweedie tractors have a nice journey, wherever they're headed - perhaps out the moor track near my home :)  The finished versions are now in the shop.  I wanted to add some smaller items to my range so these were fun to make.

Later in the week, I finally got round to making some heart keyrings - I was waiting for some supplies of split rings and tartan ribbon . . .

I've added the one on the left to my Etsy shop.  The other two are still waiting in the wings ;-)

Come the weekend I was 'humming and hawing' about what to do, or make, if anything at all, after my keyring making spree!  After I'd packaged up a wee order though, there wasn't much of the afternoon left anyway so I just made some gift tags.  I added a simpler version along with the order as a wee 'freebie' so thought I'd carry the idea through a little further.  Sewing onto card is a lot of fun, opens up lots of creative possibilities  . . . 


I like how you can see the squiggly lines on the back, it gives them an original, rustic-look I think  . . .

I added  the set above onto Etsy, which I'm currently using to add items I'm making in a haphazard kind of a way!  Really just making things as they occur to me, some new ideas, some from my current range, and whatever else takes my fancy!  It's a fun way to work though . . . 

I don't have a plan for my Etsy shop as you can tell  - I'm just seeing where it takes me . . . . bhrooooooooom! :)

Sorry, this has been a slightly long-winded, product-laden post - I told you I was trying to catch up though LOL :)  Here's to shorter, more condensed posts from now on - honest!

Happy Monday :)
Alison xx

P.S.  I also added another washbag/wallet to my Big Cartel store this week - if you're interested!  A slightly more masculine colour palette - perhaps for the man in your life? (or just for yourself, why not!)  OK, I'm going now - honest - byeeeeeeeee :)

5 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

your tweedy tags are really nice!!!!!!!
xxxxxxxx Ale

Gaia said...

Those tweedy tractors are lovely!! all the other items are pretty too.

Emma-Jayne said...

What lovely makes... so pretty. Those tractors are adorable.
Emma x

Claire said...

You have been busy Alison....love all your makes, the tractors are so cute and I love sewing onto card as well....
It's a lovely, Autumn day here, sunshine and beautiful green paddocks, after lovely rain. I have my 2 nieces from the UK staying for the week......lots of fun and chatting taking place.
Have a great week,

Claire Xx

june at noon said...

It does look like a page from a children's book--now there's an idea for you! I have seen some lovely book illustrations with textiles and even some tweed....