Saturday 19 July 2014

Simple pleasures . . .

I've been passing this patch of wildflowers on my way out to the moor track for the last week or so - it looks really pretty in a chaotic way :)  It was a bit blustery the day I took this pic but it's still lovely . . .


And a close up of the most perfect daisy . . .


We've had beautiful weather this week, but I did manage to finish the crochet bag last weekend - it was a race to see how it would turn out . . .


Just perfect to hold a couple of library books!  I'm really delighted with this pattern - so simple :)  I made the handles a lot longer than the original pattern required - 100 chain instead of 40 chain!  I wanted to use it as a shoulder bag though and did 3 rows of double crochet so that the straps weren't too thin.  I made the straps separately and just double cocheted them onto each side of the bag.

We're off to the Heb Celt festival today - it looks a little overcast, but I'm sure it will be fine :)   If the heavens really open I can always christen my new flowery wellies, hehe . . .


Bye for now!
Alison x

2 comments:

june at noon said...

I think the bluster makes the photo even prettier! The bag turned out great, enjoy!

Babajeza said...

I hope you got some rain. The wellies are so lovely! ;-)