Thursday 21 January 2016

More fair isle work . . . I'm addicted!

I think the last time I blogged I'd just started a new fair isle phone sleeve (was that only last Thursday??) - it seems like quite a long time ago!  Perhaps I've been busier than I thought?

Anyhooooo, that sleeve went quite well I thought . . .


. . . I had used a design from one of my fair isle reference books, so I was quite keen to use my own design which I put together with various patterns . . .


. . . I was spurred on to make one further design, which was a lot of fun and I think my favourite . . . here it is in the making . . .


Sheep!  Don't you just love them :) :)  After a few false starts and a bit of research I decided that the 'head on' view of the sheep would be the best approach for my design - and Yikes, I ended up knitting with three colours in a row - quite laborious but I think it was worth the effort. (I gave the sheep some little beady eyes with a touch of embroidery - couldn't resist!)

Here's all three of them, completed . . .


Sorry, my photographs are not the best today - such a dark, wintery day here!  On the plus side I did manage to list them in my Esty shop here - my first item to be listed!  Perhaps that should be my New Year's resolution - to list items as I make them -what a good idea, hehe :) :)

The bad news today was that I DID get the sewing machine out and instantly managed to damage it - ooooops!  I knew I was pushing it to the limits with the thickness of fabric I was experimenting with but did I  listen . . . . er, No!!  On the plus side I have a spare sewing machine which I haven't used in a long time so I had to get the manual out . . . . and we all know how we hate manuals, Yuk!  I'm sure I'll struggle through it though ;-)

BTW the sleeves fit an i phone 6 or as I also found out (from 'borrowing' my son's phone!) a Samsung Galaxy A5 - Shhhhhh, don't tell him, hehe :)

I'm off now to plough through the manual for my 'new', old sewing machine which is a computerised one - Ahhhhhhh, technology - eeeks :) :)

Bye for now
Alison x

4 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

Ali I really love the sheep cover!!!!
.... maybe soon I'll order one from you, for a different mobile phone (samsung note 4) and, if possible, with cotton yarn .... too hot where I live !!!! ;oD
xxxxx Ale

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love all the different patters and colours.
Liz

Gaia said...

These are so wonderfully done, love the second one.

mamasmercantile said...

Such beautiful work, I am in awe of your knitting skills.