Tuesday 22 February 2011

Half Term Hols

Sorry, I did say I'd see you later in the week but I'd forgotten all about our half term holidays - from last Thursday to yesterday (Monday). I was so caught up in trying to keep my youngest entertained, that my poor blog was completely abandoned. Anyhow, we survived the weekend and were fortunate enough to have some lovely weather which enabled us to get out on our bikes and take a picnic to the beach amongst other things. In between 'Little S' had a spurt of creativity and was busy drawing, making fake 'aged' maps, and practicing being an archeologist with a cheap little dinosaur fossil kit bought in the local shop - pheeeew, it's hard work keeping a 9 year old entertained, but he did pretty well himself!!

I was very impressed with his belated Valentine's gift - marshmallows topped with gummy sweets, and drowned in melted chocolate, hehe!

Needless to say, very little crafting was done but then I didn't expect to and it was a nice break. Looking forward to a little creativity myself though now that they're back in school :)

Cheerio an Drasda!

3 comments:

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Hello Alison...hope all is well and your are able to get some creating squeezed into your busy days.

Love the Marshmallows!

janet xox

Biba said...

Oooh, yummy Valentine's gift! Lucky you! My little ones are on half term holidays this week and we're doing a bit of crafting together!

june at noon said...

Wow, that is some kind of treat! Enjoy the creative time!