Monday 13 February 2012

Getting started . . .

Today I'm getting back into the mindset of running my little 'tweedie' enterprise once more - scribbling a few notes to help me along the way.

I got sidetracked (as you do!) because I clocked one of my Harris Tweed beach balls nestled in a corner, which I hadn't got round to photographing. In my mind at the time of making it, I was thinking of a sunny day on a Hebridean beach like this one which we enjoyed a couple of years back, I loved the colours of the yellow buoy and the blue skies beyond . . .

. . . so a Sunny Day in the Hebrides was the inspiration behind this Beach Ball:

Unfortunately today is NOT quite so sunny but you can see where I was going with it, hehe!! My neighbour's sheep were looking suitably unimpressed as I tried to us them as props for my 'tweedie' shots, I should have given them some veggie scraps to bribe them into coming a little closer . . .

. . . they weren't having any of it and just looked snootily away, hmmmph!

I've gift-wrapped the beach-ball, and it now looks like a giant Harris Tweed boiled sweet - yum, yum!!

As usual, my tweedie beach-ball is the size of a smallish football, very firmly stuffed and is really a fun novelty gift for a 'tweedie' enthusiast and is NOT a toy. Very tactile and fun, if you'd like to purchase this one, it's ready to be shipped from my Hebridean home - tah dah!!!!(£24 plus £2.50 P&P - UK only, sorry!) Just click here to purchase:






Looks like I'm back on the commercial wagon, hehe - this is my first attempt at selling directly from my blog which I'd love to pursue as I can so easily give some background info/inspiration on the item being sold (and the passion involved in making it!). The Paypal button will take you directly to the Paypal site where you can purchase either via Paypal or using your credit card if you do not have a Paypal account. Easy-peasy,says she, hehe!!

(OK, in reality it's taken me most of the morning to figure this one out - there, the truth's out, my highly professional facade has just dropped with a thud once again!! :D)

Have a lovely Monday! I'm off to wash my breakfast dishes which have been patiently waiting for me all morning - oooops :) Cheerio an Drasda!

2 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Getting back on the commercial waggon is good :) Good luck with it!

june at noon said...

Definitely very bright and sunny--matches that first photo perfectly.