Thursday 2 February 2012

my creative space - January!

Pheeeeeew, I'm back to Blog-land after a whole month's absence - my extended office working hours have come to an end and I'm back to my normal two days - so more crafting time on the horizon, but I'll have to get down to some hard graft too and get my little creative business up and running again in a commercial sense. More on that later :)

January came and went with little time for crafting but I was forced out of crafty hibernation by a work colleague who was looking for a tweedie sleeve for her daughter's new Kindle (the one without the keyboard) - I made this one to be a snug fit for the new, smaller Kindle and I was quite pleased with it - it was a perfect fit, hooray! Now that I've got the dimensions right, I hope I'll get a little batch of these done in different colours - that's the plan anyway!

That's about the sum of my January crafting, but it's a good start to get some commerical crafting under my belt so I'm quite happy with that :) I decided to treat myself to some little jewellery boxes for my 'wee croft house' brooches, so they might get listed online soon - thought they deserved a snug little home - they're a perfect fit with a little cosy cotton wadding on the base . . .

. . . I think we could all do with a little cosy cotton wadding here today - it's freezing, the cold snap has definitely hit the Hebrides, brrrrrrrr!!

I'm trying to remember what else I got up to crafty-wise this month - I did go the library and picked up some crochet books to get me back into the mood, and I picked up my one and only copy of Mollie-Makes (I've resisted it so far), it had some crochet wrist-warmers on the front which must have lured me in, hehe :) (Sorry for the poor pic - ooops!) . . .

On the baking front (did I mention I got a new oven, it's very pretty!) I had a glut of over-ripe bananas this week so for once I decided to get round to making a banana loaf with them as 'Little S' has pestered me in the past to make one - it was a bit of a 'hit and miss' affair . . .

Hit - because it looked pretty good when it came out of the oven . . .

Miss - because it was a little bit soggy in the middle . . .

. . . but we ate it anyway, waste not want not, and all that, hehe!

Well, that's what I've been up to this month. Hopefully I'll be back to regular crafting/posting now, but I guess I'll have to get that craft area sorted out first . . . . . euuuuugh!, wish me luck with that one!

Teenage Son is supposed to be studying for his exams today so I'd better go and ply him with cups of tea and biscuits . . . a mother's job and all that!

Back soon with more crafty updates - Cheerio an Drasda :)

Alison x

2 comments:

june at noon said...

Good to see you back, Alison! Looking forward to the craftiness you get up to now that there's time.

Claire said...

Oh nice to get that crafting hat back on...........

Banan loaf, yum, I still have the hit and miss thing but
it 's always edible.......

Your brooches look great in their little jewellery boxes, very professional Alison...

Look forward to seeing what projects you whip up now that you're back to normal work hours.
It's a beautiful, blue sky day here and going to be about 28. Wish I could send you some of our sunshine to warm you up.
All the best to Teenage son with his exams....

Claire x