Tuesday 8 May 2012

Bank Holiday Monday . . .

It was a Bank holiday here on Monday, and the forecast was rain and gales - well, the forecast was wrong thankfully :) We DID have some snow showers over the weekend - in May, can you believe it??? Anyhow, after spending the morning doing a heap of laundry, it was time to head to the beach - one of my favourite ones is just a mile or so from my home, in the village of Gress. A really pretty village, with a lovely river, scenic farmhouse overlooking a stunning beach - it's got everything really! It was beautiful and sunny, but REALLY cold . . .

The two red blobs are my Other Half and 'Little S' :)

There were so many people on the beach, you could hardly move hehe! . . .

I had an alterior motive of gathering some driftwood for some artpiece or other, another garland perhaps (but maybe just for me!) . . .

. . . mission accomplished.

I love how the edges have been worn and smoothed out by the motion of the sea, who needs a sander when mother Nature can do the job just as well ;-)

It's back to work for me today and I'm finishing up my small stock for my local Art Gallery shop - I'm really pleased to be having some stock in a retail outlet, particularly this one which has worked quite well for me in the past. I'll show some pics later in the week :)

Hope you had a good holiday weekend if you had one, we're back to rain and cold today, never mind - good crafting weather :)

Teenage Son is on study leave this week, so I'm on 'tea-duty' - better get the kettle on! Bye for now :D

Alison x

1 comment:

homemade@myplace said...

it's so nice to have a beach so close to your home...!!!
Enjoy your crafting! xx Ale