Thursday 15 November 2012

Festive fun :)

I've been busy making Christmas puddings this week - but not the fruity kind!  A little idea in my head at the weekend came to fruition (pardon the pun, hehe!) on Monday and I came up with this Christmas pud decoration . . . 


My sock knitting project (now finished - yes, both of them!) - must have jogged some creative juices because I also decided to try out some 'tweedie' sock decorations . . .


. . . and then, I really thought it would be nice to have a set of three different decorations so I went completely traditional with the classic Christmas tree decoration - I tried to give it a nice rounded shape, I quite like how it turned out . . . 


Well, that's why I haven't been here for a little while - it's been a full-on week!  I don't do things by halves and generally in threes LOL!!!!  I had a lot of fun making these, as always it's quite intensive when you  are trying to make little batches of stock - there are five of each of the stockings in the shop, and five of each of the Christmas  trees.  

The Christmas Puds are on hold briefly while I add the brandy, hehe!  (actually I'm waiting for the tartan ribbon to arrive in the mail - hopefully today, pleeeeeease Mr Postie!)

Here are the sets of socks and trees, numbered  for your  convenience LOL . . . 



Five were as  many as I could  make at one time - I think that's enough in one go though!  The decorations are in the shop with the Puds marked 'coming soon' while I wait for Mr Postie with the ribbon delivery!

Must dash now - I have a lot of catching up to do after my fervent festive decoration making - the Christmas  Puds might be on hold today!

Bye for now :)
Alison x

P.S.  I came across a  lovely pattern at the weekend on Ravelry for little Christmas socks - too cute! - they're worth trying out if you are into crochet.  I made one with my left over Noro yarn, but I think I'll have another go as I didn't count the rows properly, ooops - it still looks quite cute though I think . . . 


They don't take anywhere as near as long as to knit an adult pair of socks - pheeeeew!  I read on someone's blog that handknitted socks can take up to 20 hours to make - that was about right in my case, I finished them in 10 days with probably an average of working two hours a day on them (some days I did none and at the weekends I did a lot!) but I was really proud of them when I was finished.  

I don't think I'll be making socks as Christmas pressies though, perhaps the mini-socks above will have to suffice!  I'll finish with a pic of my finished socks - should I frame them or wear them - I'm not sure which!!!!!


Must dash now - I have a lot of catching up to do after my fervent festive decoration making - the Christmas  Puds might be on hold today!

Bye for now :)
Alison x

4 comments:

Claire said...

Now that Noro wool really is something special Alison.
They look so snuggly warm and the wee crocheted sock which is about all I could manage is very cute too.
Your little decos are look greatl in Tweed fabric.
Certainly hope the postie delivered, your puds look pretty jolly yummy too....

Claire x

Biba said...

I'm in awe with your sock-making skills! And madly in love with your tweedy Christmas decorations, of course :)

fairislerona said...

You busy, busy bee Alison! Everything looks fab...Rona x

june at noon said...

Good for you! Love the finished knit socks--so colorful! And I think a FULL-SIZED tweedie stocking, or a set of them, would look AMAZING on someone's mantle!