Thursday 30 January 2014

Immersed in wool!

January has become a knitting bonanza month for me - hence the lack of posts!  I did mean to update the progress on the scarf knitting, so here is the finished piece . . .

Apologies for the poor quality of the pic!  I'm quite pleased how it has turned out and I have to say I love the tassels :) :)  This was a really lovely project.  I've yet to wear my scarf - I'm waiting for the right moment to show it off, hehe!

And here is the progress on the cable and lace scarf (both patterns from this book here).   There are some superb patterns in this book and I'd thoroughly recommend it . . .


I'm doing a little cheat with the second one and knitting a plain (stockinette) panel in the middle, so I'll have a shorter scarf with two pattern panels at the front.  It's a really pretty pattern, but time consuming and January is almost over so time to horse on with it!

I'm using this month to teach myself some new knitting techniques - must say I'm getting a little carried away but thoroughly enjoying myself too!

Must buckle down to some commercial work (whatever it may be!) soon so I'll enjoy my last couple of days of  'mucking about' - ah well, it was fun while it lasted, hehe :)

Bye for now!
Alison
xxxx

3 comments:

Babajeza said...

Great shawl!

Claire said...

You continue to amaze me with your skills Alison.....your tassel scarf looks great.
If I'd knitted it, I think I would put it on and not take it off till Summer...:)
Have fun 'playing' while you can.

Clarie x

fairislerona said...

Your confidence is building with your knitting skills Alison!