Friday 3 October 2014

Switching craft . . . .

Oh well, I've put the very mild, but persistent shoulder ache down to my crochet antics - perhaps a little too much over the summer, but I did find it very relaxing and enjoyable to pick up in between everything else that was going on.  I tend to keep my left shoulder quite rigid when crocheting (I'm a right handed crocheter and hence use my left hand to tension the yarn), it all fits together to explain why I might feel an ache in my left shoulder.  I found this blogpost quite interesting - isn't it nice to see a man crocheting!! 

I've decided to go back to some knitting as I really miss having some kind of needle-craft project to hand.  I really enjoyed the speed of crocheting - it works up so fast!, also the creativity of it - so many possibilities :)  But I've never had any issues with shoulder aches with knitting so I'm going back to it for the time being.   Guess what I'm starting with . . . .


I had these two balls of sock yarn in my stash which I picked up cheaply on E-bay.  My recent yarn purchases have been for crochet projects - Oh Dear, so I may have to adapt them for knitting projects, at any rate I can't buy any more yarn for the time being!  I'm going to make a plain old basic pair of socks (Vanilla socks in the US??) using Ann Budd's basic pattern.  I enjoyed having a little browse through my sock knitting books though - they're such a lovely resource to have . . . 

I may have to knit something else up while doing the socks - I think I may feel a scarf coming on!  Anyway I hope taking up some knitting work will mark the return of my crafting mojo which seems to have faded a little of late :)  I know, I know - where's the tweed, I hear you say!!  Hmmmmm - I'm working on it . . . . . :) :)  I'm sure I'll feel inspired soon(ish!)

Have a lovely weekend :)
Alison x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, love your blog, sorry to hear about your crochet arm ache. I am trying my hand at knitting and I have a lovely sock book-it looks impossible but need to give it a bash when I have some free time, look forward to watching your project.
Helen

Claire said...

Hey Alison, hope your shoulder is feeling much better. 'Tis a shame when something you enjoy doing causes these sorts of issues. I've had a similar issue with my elbow and can only put it down to sewing, or now that I think about it, maybe all the gardening I've been doing hasn't helped either.
The pancakes look delish and your sweet little crochet slippers are just gorgeous. Perfect colour for them.
Nice to have a little catchup and see what you've been up too.......xx