Wednesday 21 September 2022

End of the Summer - Oh Well!

I've been doing quite a lot of crafting recently - I thought I might as well record it somewhere!  My 'old' blog seemed to be quite a good place to use for that purpose.

I think it kicked off at some point during the summer when I decided to unpack a box of my craft books which I'd tidied away during a period of decluttering (other rooms in the house!).  My craft books took the hit and were put away temporarily (sort of).  I did mean to put them on some shelves but they didn't reach that far and are now tidily stacked in an orderly pile . . . . honest!

Yesterday I seem to have decided that embroidery books were a good place to browse (while working on a crafty piece of course) :)

I've started this crochet project using '200 Crochet Blocks' by Jan Eaton.  I've had this book for ages but never really got into it, having used similar books for heavier yarn eg. aran or worsted weight.  This book uses double knitting yarn and a 4 mm hook (smaller than I usually use), but I finally got the right tension for the patterns.  I'm just using acrylic yarn here (sshhhhh - the yarn snobs might hear me!)  I think there's a time and a place for it :)

After playing around with a number of blocks from the book, I decided to stick to two blocks to make a throw of some kind (maybe 7 x 9 blocks if I keep going with it).   A nice general purpose size of throw.

This summer has been a bit of a wash out (weather wise) and I seem to have dipped into all sorts of crafts, DIY, etc.  Too much to mention in one post - I'll update as I go along.

No concrete plans to add items to my Etsy shop but you never know . . . . . 

Alison x

1 comment:

anja said...

You're back, how nice! Looking forward to read all about the many crafts you have been working on.