Thursday 27 January 2011

my creative space . . .

I didn't think I'd get round to posting today, but I took this pic of various rocks, pebbles, etc which had got covered in dust on a windowsill (they're drying off on an old towel). I thought they looked quite pretty after being rinsed in water, well they would, wouldn't they, hehe :) So far that's as creative as I've been today, but I like the photo and it inspired me to write up a blog post, so that's a plus!

The weather here is absolutely glorious today, I can hardly believe it - clear blue skies, not a breath of wind and you can see the mainland hills really clearly. Hence no urgency to go rushing off to sew, but perhaps a relaxed plod out the moor will be more in order.

I squidged (is that a word??!) a little bit of crafting in on Tuesday and sewed up this patchwork cushion - I'd cut the squares up sometime last year but never got round to finishing it. The colours of the tweed tied in nicely with the lovely Kaffee Fassett fabric I've been using lately (from a very kind blog-pal) so I think that's what prompted me to make it up and to add a fabric yo-yo for a bit of fab and funky detail. I do love the colours.

Hope you're having a fab and funky day, whatever you're up to - check out some lovely creative spaces over at Kirsty's place :)

5 comments:

Biba said...

What a pretty cushion! And I really envy you the view from your window. Oh, how I wish to be there!

june at noon said...

What a pretty collection! I like your new, relaxed pace. It's suiting you, and the creativity is lovely!

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Hello Alison,
What beautiful scenery! You live in a magical place for sure.

Well done on the pincushion..love the pink paired with the suit tweed..brilliant.

Janet xox

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

Lovely post Alison. There surely is nowhere on earth better on a clear still day that the Outer Hebrides : ) Love the cushion!

Sweet Birdy Love said...

Hey Alison, gorgeous pic of your part of the world. It must feel very relaxed there, without all the hubbub of cities, traffic, people etc............
Love your cushion, the pink certainly makes it pop and the yoyo is a nice touch.