Wednesday 29 June 2011

my creative space . . . one thing leads to another

Last week's embroidered bookmarks led me to thinking of using a similar design for other 'tweedie' items, hence the wrist cuff idea came about. I don't personally wear wrist cuffs, but I like textile jewelery so . . .

. . . I made some with simple embroidery detail and some with a basic brass eyelet decoration. And yes, I used empty loo-rolls to display them - well, I had some to hand and they were the perfect fit :)

You can still enter my Giveaway for my 'tweedie' egg cosies - I'll leave it open for another few hours until Thursday 6 pm, 'cos I've no idea what I'll be doing tomorrow, and my original closing time of mid-day may go by without my noticing!

Lots more crafty spaces over here - some very creative things going on! :)

12 comments:

LeelaBijou said...

These are beautiful! Great work!

Jill said...

Those wrist cuffs look just lovely! Great colours!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

Oh i love them, very cool idea too :)

Sam Findlay said...

I love the wrist cuffs, very cute!

dash robin said...

Sweet-I like the little flowers...and I see down below you've been bitten by the crochet bug too! Yay! can't wait to see what you do-tweed +crochet could be pretty special, xokate

Yana said...

the cuffs look lovely! :) love the bottom blue one!

Amber said...

Love the embroidery!

Seaweed and Raine said...

Those wrist cuffs are fabulous! I actually tried to leave a couple of comments on your blog this arvo... but blogger was miss behaving. I really love the orange and blue tweed - SO pretty!!! :)

Bron said...

I have enjoyed popping in here again this week and seeing what fantastic creative project you have come up with...they are super.

Biba said...

Oh my, how sweet!

june at noon said...

Ah, what a great way to use up small pieces! Love how the creative mind leads us one way and another.

planettreasures said...

Love the cuffs idea!
The embroidery and the fabric go together so well!