Sunday 17 January 2010

Tags, Shop Updates, and a Gift!

I've been on a tag-making mission the last couple of days - I'll get my Etsy shop stocked up by hook or by crook! This month I'm concentrating on my 'Tweed Plush' shop and it's been fun just making things as I take a notion for them (although I do have a little list I'm working through!) Last night I spent some time re-jigging both shops and trying to give them a very separate identity and I think I feel quite happy with how they look now. Cute, fun plush 'n stuff and luxurious tweedie stuff for your home (the fabric is so magical it's really an artwork in itself!)

I also did a bit of work on my own website which I'm trying to integrate with my Etsy shops. There's always the stumbling block of coaxing UK customers to purchase in Dollars - and I completely understand the reluctance to do so. I remember well seeing another local business which had a link to Etsy on their website and I was completely confused by it! So I am trying to explain to visitors to my website that besides being able to purchase 'made to order' items from the site, they can also purchase 'ready-made' items from my Etsy shops . . . but in Dollars! It's a tricky one, I'm not sure I've got it right!

Here's some of my tweedie tags added to Etsy:

. . . and just look at this little cutie brooch I received in the post last weekend from the lovely Mojca! She had a Giveaway just before Christmas which I'd completely forgotten about - it was beautifully packaged with lovely tartan 'beaded' ribbon. I'm sure she may have her own Etsy shop soon - going by what I've seen, I don't think she'd have any problems getting sales! She's a very crafty lady with a passion for 'tweed' :)

Happy Sunday All :)

3 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Love those tags - they are fabulous :) And well done for getting your shops sorted! Feels good doesn't it?

Biba said...

I'm glad you like the brooch, and thank you so much for posting about it! It's a bit out of season now but another Christmas will be here before we know it!

june at noon said...

I think the shops look great, and the tags are wonderful!