Wednesday 21 September 2011

my creative space . . . shiny, happy :)

Well, I'm happy to say that I can show my finished attempt with my silver thread/beads project, and I'm really delighted with it. This crochet 'thing' has really got me fired up! Here's my 'shiny, happy' . . .

. . . thing. It's an eight sided star/christmas decoration from my crochet 'how to' book (Learn to Crochet edited by Sally Harding) and I really enjoyed the challenge of making it. This is of course my second attempt as the first attempt went a little 'spidery' and askew, but I decided to make a fresh start and bumbled my way through the pattern, but I loved every minute of it . . .

I'm completely amazed at how versatile crochet is - so many possibilities! This crochet star is supposed to be starched to stiffen it for use as a decoration, so that may be the next stage, although I must admit I'm terrified in case I 'spoil' it - I love it so much! (clock the little silver beads - aren't they cute?)

Well back to the office tomorrow, sheesh, this 4 day working week is quite demanding (OK, two of them are only half days but . . . ) :) 'Other Half' has absconded for a week taking my camera with him - how will I cope?? (without my camera I mean, haha!!!) Well, sorry no blogging till next week, boo hoo :/ See you then :D

More 'shiny/happy' peeps over here.

12 comments:

Biba said...

This is gorgeous! I can well imagine a Christmas tree full of silver crochet stars!

june at noon said...

Well done! It will make a great ornament, and don't worry about ruining it--now you know how to make more! ;)

Fay said...

It looks great!

Claire said...

Hey Alison, your sparkly deco, is just beautiful and shimmery, lovely, well done.

I'm sure there'll be more to come.

How inconsiderate of OH taking the camera, sure ly your need for it is greater than his!! We need to see more of your wonderful makes.......

Beautiful, sunny morning here, have a great day.

Claire :}

knitalatte said...

Love your bling-bling, so pretty!

Kylie said...

It looks great - well done. It will be great as a decoration on the tree.

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Just gorgeous! I so wish I could crochet, one day.....

WendyCarole said...

it's wonderful. I have bought a how to crochet book but it hasn't made it much clearer yet!

Fiona said...

Crochet is fun, isn't it! Love your star - you really can't spoil it with starch. I did some snowflakes for the Christmas tree last year and was also unsure ... but I used the starch and everything was fine. And you can always make more - they get easier with practice!

Emma-Jayne said...

Wow sparklingly gorgeous!
Just thought I'd also mention that I have issues 2,3 n 4 of Mollie makes for sale. All read once for £10 posted if you still hadn't found any in shops :)
Anyway looking forward to seeing a Christmas tree full of sparkly snowflakes :) x

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

It's beautiful Alison and I can just see it hanging on a Christmas tree catching all the light!

Janet xox

Bron said...

They are lovely good for you persevering to perfect the pattern. they will look lovely at Christmas time.