Monday 16 July 2012

Now you see them, now you . . .

Now you see them . . . 



. . . now you don't!  I made these two little zipper purses literally the day before my craft-fair, really because I wanted to have some fresh designs on display and I'd been wanting to use this lovely cupcake fabric against some classy herringbone tweed for a  long time.  I was pretty pleased with the result and a lovely lady at the fair was too, as she bought them both - I was so pleased as they were very much 'hot off the press'!  Delighted :)

There's a lot to be said for keeping your stall fresh and updated - this was one of the reasons I was a bit wary of this last fair - I've been so busy with retail outlet stock-making that my other stock was falling behind.  Funnily enough the items I loved making, the new scrappy flower brooches, the zipper pouches and some pendants, sold pretty well.  Pheeeeew!  Have to say I'm relieved it's over and I'm looking forward to a much more relaxed week though :)

Here's a pic of my stall,  which really needs some more fabric hanging at either end - I knew this, but hadn't got round to doing anything about it - ooooops!  The camera never lies, hehe :)


Also, I don't know why I hung my bunting over my 'tweedie' lettering!!  Never mind, I'll keep this photo as historic evidence and make some improvements next time.  I decided to take a selection of smaller items this time, so everything was 'on the flat' so to speak - but it worked fine as I had a reasonable variety of work - I won't win any prizes for display though this time round!  I think I was a little tired this week, so I'm quite pleased I managed to do the fair at all : )  And, heck, people were actually buying stuff - how cool is that, hehe!!!  (The local music festival definitely helped with that!)  Thanks Hebridean Celtic Festival! (even if I didn't manage to see any of it - boo hoo!)

Here's  what I was doing to pass the time in between customers . . .


I was so glad I had taken something to do - personally I don't always want to interrupt people while they're browsing my stall, so it's nice to keep your hands busy with something.

Here's the finished flowers  - I have to be honest, I made a mistake with the pattern, but I'm calling it a 'happy accident' and I quite like how they've turned out . . .


They'll make an appearance on 'something or other', no doubt!

All in all, the craft fair was a success - I didn't do quite so much mingling this time, too tired!, but it all went well, with good sales.  What more can you ask for?  This week I'm  looking forward to a much more relaxed  holiday-mode time with the boys (who seem to be turning night into day, at the moment!).  Perhaps a little more crochet and some fun crafting - I'm cutting myself a little slack, in other words, hehe!

Have a lovely week - 'speak' soon :)
Alison x

6 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

The purses are lovely!!! Even the flowers!!!
Enjoy a more relaxed week, xxx Alessandra

Claire said...

Yay, so glad the craft fair went well Alison....

Your hot off the press purses look great, love the fabric combos and colours.
The crocheted flowers are sweet as, can't pick a mistake at all.

Hope this week is more relaxing and the weather is doing what it should.....

Claire x

Biba said...

What a lovely 'mistake'!
Love the purses as well :)

Swirlyarts said...

I love it when things sell straight away - validation that you are on the right track!

Bron said...

Well done on your market success. x

june at noon said...

For me, it's always the items I love the most that sell the best. I think that passion just translates into something the screams, "Buy me!" :)