Thursday 27 August 2009

my creative space . . .

Creative thoughts is as far as I'll be getting today, as I have soooooo much other 'stuff' to do. First full week of school for the boys and we're getting back into the swing of things. Teenage Son seems to be well settled into his new school which I'm really pleased about it as I personally did not enjoy my own time there, so it's a big relief that he seems quite happy with it all so far.

Wondering what on earth to post about today, I picked this little posy of wild flowers beside the road today as 'Little S' cycled off to school (which is a mere 5 minutes walk from our house). Well, that's creative isn't it, hehe!! I'm scraping the barrel here, but I do love wildflowers, and I took a pic of them after tying them together with raffia, beside this bundle of linen patchwork pieces.

I bought the patchwork pieces a couple of weeks a go and I'm still thinking about what I'll do with them - I've scribbled 'use for fabric buttons' on the label to give me a hint of one idea, in case I forget!

. . . and a little snapshot of my redundant 'creative space' today. My Big Sis bought me these lovely fabric tapes for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and I've been looking at them ever since - they're almost too pretty to use! I'm thinking they would look nice as a trim on some 'tweedie' fabric hearts when I get the time to experiment.

Also in the pic, my tartan ribbon which gets used quite a lot, a little bit of bling (sequins) appearing on a tweedie bauble, some fabric buttons (my bumblebee embroidered one which I was quite pleased with), and to the left, a little box which my youngest made in school (made from mathcboxes), which gets used for storing little things that would otherwise get lost in my 'creative jungle'.

Ah well, better get on with the job in hand, which unfortunately means a heap of housework today - maybe, if I'm good, I'll squeeze some crafting in . . . much later! More creative peeps over here :)

9 comments:

florcita said...

like the muppet I am I forgot to take a pic of the gorgeous buttons you sent along with the cushion. I was looking at them todaya dn wondering what I could make with them, just for me, and I thought... damn! hahaha I didn' t put this in the blog... sorry.
Those fabric tapes are pretty... love tose little heart!

Tweed Thoughts said...

Ah, no worries - they were just for you! :) Hope you find something nice to put them on :D I'm a bit of a 'muppet' myself, haha!!

Chrissie said...

I love the tapes - what a great sis you have! I have the middle one with the hearts on, isn't it a beauty.

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

The little posies look like something Elizabeth Bennett would pick for Darcy before he woke...romantic!

elk said...

oh the textures here are a delight~

june at noon said...

I personally love wildflowers, so I think it's a lovely photo. Maybe a quiet space but one full of pretty possibilities.

Jennifer Rose said...

glad teenage son seems to be settling in :)

picking flowers is creative, you need to arrange them so thats being creative ;)

woollywotnots said...

Hi Alison,
Creative thoughts are good! :-)
love the flowers....

Kirsty said...

The posy is lovely & the little bundle of linen pieces - full of promise.