Monday 31 August 2009

Hearts and Hiort

I have been having a bit of a mad day today! Decided to experiment with an idea put forward to me as a possible custom order, way out of my usual comfort zone of 'softies' etc. It's 5 o'clock and I've finally managed to list these spangly hearts in my Etsy 'plush' shop!

Saturday, seemingly was St Kilda Day! You can read all about it here - I didn't manage to go to any of the events but some day I would love to visit St Kilda (Hiort in Gaelic) - fantastic, atmospheric place to go and see . . .

I've had a busy weekend of recreational crafting - more embroidery! I'll tell you about it later when I catch my breath!

Bye for Now :)

6 comments:

uistlady said...

Lovely. Your blog is really nice, pics are so pretty. And I love Harris Tweed and anything made from it!

Tweed Thoughts said...

Thankyou for visiting me :)

Karin van Dam said...

Cute hearts, Alison. And I can't wait to see what kind of embroidery you did!

Jennifer Rose said...

I read about St.Kilda the other day, does seem like an interesting place to visit.

your hearts look good, nice and shiny :)

Sneddonia said...

Pretty spangly hearts :D

Tweed Thoughts said...

Thankyou Sneddonia! Quite fun playing around with sequins on this fabric :)