Thursday 20 August 2009

my creative space(s) . . .

This old raggedy ruck-sack is the one I've used in the past to pack my 'essentials' for craft-fairs, and the 'tweedie' ball is embroidered with the musical event I'm attending with my 'tweedie' wares this weekend. The timing of this event is not the best - 2 days after the kids start school and not having allowed myself a huge amount of time to prepare, but what the heck, if nothing else there might be some good music to listen to and a good variety of customers to boot!

Other Half is taking the boys along, so 'muggins' is going along with her wares - who knows, I might even sell something!

Here's my 'embroidery lesson' creative space from the beginning of the week: (yes, that's an embroidered button you can just about see - with a bumblebee on it - I got really carried away!)

. . . and another more detailed pic:

I had a ball learning all the embroidery stitches and I'm really glad I took some time out to learn them -mission complete! (my sun is not yet finished, hence the gaps at the base)

Today, the boys are back in school and I'm going to chill out a bit from crafting (I'm all packed up and ready for the fair) and try not to worry too much about 'teenage son' in his new school - yikes, he'll be fine I keep telling him and myself! 'Little S' is going back to the same classroom, school, school teacher - so no worries there.

Wish me luck for my craft-fair - I might need it! I'm told that the 'seating arrangements' involve bales of straw! - Oh, by heck, what have I let myself in for!! :)

Cheery Bye!

Added 5 minutes later: well I might be tempted to make just one little 'tweedie' teddy or two - ooops, Craft Addict! There's more of us lurking over here!

13 comments:

Woollywotnots.com said...

Your embroidery is beautiful. I love your embroidered ball too, what a funky idea. You can pull out the stitches and re-do for each event or make a collection :-)

Jennifer Rose said...

your sampler looks great :D the stitches look neat and tight where they should be

good luck at the musical event :D

florcita said...

look at that bumble bee!!! lovely! you are so neat, everything so cute.
Well, good luck to your kids and good luck to you. I hope at least, you have fun, right??

Bron said...

oooh, your embroidery is gorgeous!

Karin van Dam said...

Alison, your embroidery looks very cute. Was this really a learning project?? Wow, in that case you gave me confidence to try it out sometime too ;-) Lovely!

Have fun at the event!

june at noon said...

Look at you with your fancy embroidery! See? I told you it doesn't take a lifetime. ;)

Swirlyarts said...

Your embroidery is fabulous! Did I see you mention a pen that you used for the embroidery that disappeared after about a day? If so could you let me know where you bought it or what it is called. I'm looking for one you see :)

Tweed Thoughts said...

Hi Lynsey - thanks! It is called an air soluble fabric marker - I get mine from www.sewessential.co.uk

The marks disappeared too quickly on the linen tho - don't know why. I usually use mine to mark and cut out light coloured felt. They are really handy to have :)

elk said...

your stitching is stunning..the blooms are my favorite!

Kirsty said...

Your stitching is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Wow you picked that right up..Awesome..Hope you sell/sold lots and enjoy your music

Anonymous said...

your embroidery is simply stunning

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Alison...you are doing it again..creating things of beauty..love the embroidery.