Wednesday 24 August 2011

my creative space - working backwards

I'm working backwards on 'my creative space' as I was busy at the 'office job' today, and I'm referring to Tuesday's activites - pheeeeew, isn't life complicated :) On Tuesday I picked these wildflowers along the road side, on my way back from a little trip to Stornoway . . .

. . . technically speaking, that's not quite correct. I went to Stornoway on the bus (I don't drive), saw a lovely exhibition about Harris Tweed in the local art centre, visited the new Haberdashery shop, got my haircut (it took 5 minutes!), came home on the bus. Remembered I'd forgotten to buy something, so then walked to the local village shop about 10 minutes away, walked back - spotted some forget-me-knots in the ditch and picked them, then decided to pick a little bouquet of wild flowers along the roadside 'cos they look really pretty right now :

Here's the yarn I bought in the new haberdashery shop . . .

. . . I'm hoping to crochet some lovely wild-flowers from my crochet book today, with my newly purchased yarn. See, it all links up . . . sort of :)

More creative thinking over this way - I'm heading over there myself :)

6 comments:

Debra said...

gorgeous little posy of flowers. You were meant to walk that day. Happy creating with your yarn..x

Seaweed and Raine said...

Love the colours of your yarn! :) Hope you post the outcome of them on OCS. :)(I'll be watching for it!)
Your flowers are lovely. I have had fun lately picking stuff out of the garden, or the side of the road too... I love the "almost" beginning of spring here in Sydney.
Hope you have an amazing weeknd!
S&R

Biba said...

Oooh, can't wait to see the flowers!

Nikki Shipard-Watson said...

I love these wild flowers. You have taken such a nice photo. :)

june at noon said...

Sounds like fun, and pretty colors!

Bron said...

Such lovely colours to work with.