Tuesday 23 August 2011

Versatile Blogger

Over the weekend I received a blog award from the lovely Sam over at Knitting Adventures - sorry Sam, I've just started following your blog (although I thought I was already!!). I've been having a 'battle' with Google and Firefox lately which has resulted in all sorts of mishaps and mayhem with my blogging activities - so I'm blaming them for my misdemeanours!! :D

Anyway, please pop over and visit Sam - you never know, she might give you some cake if you're lucky :)


Here’s how the award works:

After accepting the Versatile Blogger Award, the blogger must:

1. Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs.

Seven Things About Me:

1. I'm the youngest of six children - there are only 8 years between the youngest and the oldest (some very intensive child-rearing going on in these early years!)

2. I'm very proud of my Hebridean heritage and culture - that's probably a little obvious - Harris Tweed 'n that :)

3. I was brought up in a Gaelic speaking household but I'm a little rusty at speaking it through lack of practice. I can hold a conversation - just don't ask me anything too complicated!

4. I love handcrafts of all kind - that lovely meditative feeling of sitting down and making something with your hands is such a magical thing - and so global :)

5. One of my favourite flowers are sunflowers - they are so 'in your face', cheerful, zingy and just 'a little mad'!

6. I love Woody Allen movies - just remembered that because 'Broadway Danny Rose' was on the TV last weekend and I could happily have sat down to watch it but was too busy dismantling a bunk-bed :(

7. I broke my arm when I was 10, jumping off a trampoline - it set wrongly and I have a 'squinty' wrist - the only thing it affects is when I try to touch-type - I work part-time in a college office as a typist :) :)

I'm going to cheat here and say that most of the new blogs I find are through My Creative Space which is a great place to find some wonderful crafty peeps! I know that is really naughty of me but I do hope you will check out some of these blogs and perhaps take part - it's a lovely way to make some international bloggie friends :) (every Thursday - make that Wednesday night if you're in the UK!)

Did I get away with that? - edging slowly out of this post :D

1 comment:

Claire said...

Hey Alison, is that a new pic of you on your sidebar or have I just noticed it?!! Nice to be able to put a fact to bloggers.

Congrats on your award and it's always fun finding out little snippets about people. Six children, wow, you must have some fun stories to tell about growing up.
I love the fact that you appreciate your Hebridean heritage.I think it's something to be proud of as it makes you who you are. Love Sunflowers too and have a packet of seeds I must think about planting.

Tis a bit time consuming passing on awards to 15 other bloggers so nominating MCS as place to find new bloggers and inspiration is a great idea. In fact I'm off to visit right now.............

See ya,

Claire :]