Wednesday 27 May 2009

my creative space . . .

A day earlier than scheduled (I've jiggled my working week due to school stuff), and more like an abandoned creative space today! Some Harris Tweed ready to be cut into panels for 'beach balls'. I love choosing the colours and they're now all cut out and ready to be sewn together on my sewing machine at the weekend. They were supposed to be done during this week (or last!), but I kept getting distracted by other creative ideas, which I couldn't ignore. You know how it is!!

. . . and perhaps more interesting, here's 'Little S' winning streaks ahead at the 'egg and spoon' race at his School Sports Day today! He was absolutely delighted with himself, and why not? So the yummy Harris Tweed panels were abandoned for yet another day. I WILL get these pesky beach-balls finished this weekend!! More creative yumminess over at kootoyoo's.

Bye for Now!

8 comments:

Kirsty said...

Fresh air & running kids is fuel for creating I think.

Anonymous said...

Oh the beach balls are going to look fantastic with those colours and your choice of fabric. Look forward to seeing them finished.

Lucy Bowler said...

The beach balls are going to be lovely! Maybe you could make some fabric eggs for the next sports day?!

Muddlepud said...

Sometimes being too busy to make just gives you that much more enthusiasm for it later, when the time comes. :) Great color choices!

Jennifer Rose said...

I really like the black and white tweed :D

do they not use real eggs any more at those races? that was half the fun, trying to to get covered in yolk and failing that, cover as many other people as you could :p

littlelovelies said...

good luck with the beach balls - the tweed is gorgeous, such nice colours!!

p.s. I am hosting a giveaway for a beautiful handmade ceramic item donated by 'love grows by giving' - you can enter here.

x nadine
little lovelies

Michelle said...

Hope you have found the time to make your beach balls. The fabric birds from your last post look great.

theothermousie said...

Just stumbled across your blog - wow love your work- especially further down your blog - the beachball! I'm totally in awe!!

Hope you don't mind me droping in again?!

Sarah x