Sunday 24 May 2009

Watch the Birdie

I'm not sure if it's our new bird-feeder that inspired my final attempt at the baby-softie project - it certainly attracted lots of little birds around the house, which was nice to see. We've had one little bird which keeps appearing just outside our patio-window, on a daily basis.

I decided to have one last attempt at adding a more organic shape to my trio of 'baby-softies'. I liked the boat, but it didn't fit in so well with the fish and the bone shapes. An earlier visit yesterday, from my older brother whose feedback I always appreciate (being an Art teacher, and all!), led me to looking at the project again.

After a few, squiggly shapes, I came up with this simple bird outline, which I was quite pleased with and the curves tie in much better with the other 2 shapes, in fact they actually link together, almost like a jigsaw! I topped this one up with lavender and think I'll make a few in different printed fabrics for the craft fairs (which I'm hoping to do at least one! - fingers crossed).

The reverse is in Harris Tweed, of course!

Hope you're having a relaxing Sunday - tweet, tweet!

3 comments:

bro said...

Thanks for the mention - I'm keen on the birds myself!

Jennifer Rose said...

the bird does go so much better with the other 2 rather then the boat :) well done!

Muddlepud said...

I like the bird best of all, and I'm enjoying seeing how you're combining the other fabrics with the tweed. Nicely done!