Monday 18 May 2009

Shop Update

Earlier today, I had a bit of a brainstorm and decided to add 'International Shipping' to my own website! (tweeddelights.co.uk). Given that I offer this on my Etsy and Folksy shops, it suddenly seemed a bit daft not to! It's quite a big step in some ways, but seems like a natural progression and one I feel more comfortable doing now, than I would have done a year ago.

I hope to be making a couple of these 'beach-balls' this week to go into the local Gallery shop. It's quite nice making them for the shop, as I can choose the colours myself and exercise a bit of artistic licence! The 'beach balls' are the size of a smallish football and would make a nice decorative feature or a simple soft toy for a child. It's a while since I've made some, so I'm looking forward to choosing the colours and getting sewing and stuffing!

They are also available on my own website in two different colourways to order, and if you live outside the UK you can now order them too! We visited this same beach, where I photographed the ball, this weekend, and it was just as beautiful as before. It's only about 2 miles from our house and we should really get down there more often - the boys enjoyed a good old fashioned game of cricket (or was it baseball - 'Little S''s rules seemed a bit confusing!!). Some more artistic/creative licence at play, I think!!

Cheerio an Drasda!

5 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

at first glance I thought that beach ball was full size. that would take a lot of fabric o.0 lol

looks like a gorgeous beach :D

Swirlyarts said...

Fab beach ball :) And the beach does look beautiful too

Anonymous said...

lovely beach balls

florcita said...

love the picture of the ball! Love the ball too, so colorful and indeed a very cool toy for kids... but the picture just made me WANT to be at the beach...very good!

Muddlepud said...

What a great ball! You've put me in a summer mood. ;)