Thursday 24 June 2010

Merry Go Round - June

This month's Merry Go round theme: What's on your plate - healthy quick recipes that give us plenty of time to create

It's that time again, when a group of 9 like-minded arists/crafters get together to discuss a chosen theme/topic. It's been a bit mad here the last two weeks - Other Half working overtime, endless school events, prize-givings, etc - phew, never mind it's almost the end of the school term!

When things get really hectic round at our house, I usually get the homemade pizza on - it's a classsic for Saturdays which are usually intensive crafting days for me - no interruptions or time schedules make it a perfect day for me to get on with creating.

Here's how I make it, and just as well I made one tonight 'cos it was the only thing I could think of!!

Mix the pizza dough (I used the packet mix below):

Follow the manufacturer's instructions, then leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes (this is when you can get an extra couple of rows of knitting, sewing, felting, painting, stuffing, glazing, spinning, etc in!!) Roll out to about one quarter inch thick approx. Spread with some tomato paste, oregano, whatever you fancy really - then go to town with your toppings - I only had olives and tuna in tonight :(

Top with grated chees then cook in the top of the oven at the hottest setting for approx 10 minutes - Voila!!

As we say in 'Blogland' - Nom nom!!

Check out the other responses by the group members below - some may be posting at different times of the day, depending on geographical location, etc.

Mitsy at ArtMind
Kim at Vilt a la Kim
Sara at Saras Texture Crafts
Fabienne at Easterya Jewellery
Mariana at Florcita
Agathe at Le Bar du Vent
Lily at Lily Pang Art and Design
Ruth at Birdland Creations

I'm running a little Giveaway on my Facebook page this weekend and will be doing the same on my Blog (same prizes - different colour scheme!) probably on Sunday - some little 'tweedie' leftovers (doesn't sound very appetising!!!) from my stall last weekend. Hope you'll check back then to join in - Bye for Now :)

P.S. You can enter both Giveaways of course - you never know you could win both!! That kind of thing never happens to me of course, hehe!

P.P.S. Sorry, I'm a little early posting as I'm at the 'office job' today :)

9 comments:

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Oooooo...I love homemade pizza. Yours looks yummy!

Biba said...

It looks oh so yummy, I'm getting really hungry! I LOVE pizza!

Kim van Waardenburg said...

Oh I never knew making pizza was so easy!! Thanks for sharing:)

Florcita said...

that pizza looks so good! I always use whatever I have in the fridge too...
If yo ever find yourself without a premix for the dough... just use flour (500g), a spoon of dried gist, salt, a spoon of oil and water... mix...mix... let it rest so it gets bigger, roll and the rest... same as making bread! :)

Easterya said...

Looooove pizza!! Super choice!!!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Nom Nom indeed! :)
I love home made pizza and it is one of those easy recipes that DO give you lots of time to create!

meherio68 said...

I'm really glad to know this bread mix can be used to make pizza— there's a shop in my street that sells it!

Tweed Thoughts said...

Hi Agathe - half of the packet mix makes two decent sized pizzas - very economical!! :D Quite easy to make too!

Ruth said...

Yum. I've never thought of tuna on a pizza before! Great idea.