Thursday 16 April 2009

my creative space . . .

Come in and have a seat. This is where it all happens! Well, quite a lot of it actually - I do a lot of hand sewing and this is where I often sit. I threw this aboriginal-inspired printed-throw over the chair a couple of weeks back in my attempt to hide the messy-looking cover underneath (that's the kind of thing I do - ooops!). The pink, Harris Tweed cushion was featured in a previous post here. Lots of colours, patterns clashing, but I like that, so it's staying!!

The very chunky looking wooden chair to the right of it was carved out of a huge log by a very talented cousin who is a forestry worker (with a wonderful flair for wood sculpture). It has a hole carved out of the base on all 4 sides, which you can't see so well. I love it - it's very organic and rustic looking. On the chair to the left is where I usually stash my sewing basket and WIPs . . . (there's a box of toy stuffing to the left of it, ready to be utilised)


On the chair . . . more Harris Tweed butterfly bodies in pretty soft colours, ready to be sewn up and released into 'the sanctuary'. I'm going to take a seat now in my 'Hippy Chair' as my son has dubbed it! - more creativity over at Kirsty's

Cheerio an Drasda!

P.S. Please check my previous post today for the winner of the Giveaway!!

9 comments:

Jemma. said...

Ohhh, I love tweed!

Jennifer Rose said...

I love the hippy chair :) neat looking log chair, very unique thing to have :)

littlelovelies said...

A big cozy chair to snuggle up in! I like it - hippie or not!

x nadine
little lovelies

p.s. I am hosting a giveaway - you can enter here.

Unknown said...

I adore the hippy chair it looks great as does the tweed cushion sitting on it.
Regards
Michelle M

Kirsty said...

Your tweed butterflies in progress shot is great.

Jade Creative said...

Came by your place from All Sorts.
Love the tweed.
Have a great day!
Darlene

Fiona said...

Hi - came across you searching for Harris Tweed on Flickr, I'm married to a Hebridean and am curious which spot you occupy. I'm guessing the West side of Lewis. There is a nice wee gallery on that road, as I recall...

I enjoy looking at your stuff...must get over there in the summer and stock up on more tweed to hoard (I'm so scared to cut into the stuff I have...!)

Ciao, Fiona in Aberdeen.

Tweed Thoughts said...

Hi Fiona, I'm on the other side of the island. Thanks for checking out my blog - I know what you mean about being precious about your tweed stash! It's not so easy to come by these days : )

Fiona said...

Yes, I bought mine from the mill at Barbhas (in 2005 or 06), now a thing of the past I gather...

My son is still waiting for the waistcoat I promised to make him - at least he's stopped growing ( a bit) by now!