Sunday 12 July 2009

Winding Down a Bit

The last few days have been more about winding down a bit, enjoying some lovely family visitors who are on holiday, and in general taking a step back from the pressures of trying to succeed at my little creative business. I've decided not to do any online custom orders this month, and will be concentrating on selling locally (Art Gallery Shop) and perhaps adding stock to my Etsy shop.

Mostly, I will be crafting as and when it fits around family commitments over the school holidays, and it feels pretty good to say that!

We munched on some of this lovely watermelon yesterday as my nieces and nephews ran around our house in the sunshine - happy days :)

I did add another of my draught excluders to my Etsy shop and am toying with making a few more over the summer break, as an alternative to my 'softies' creations - it feels good to go in a slightly different direction, in a very relaxed way, of course - hehe!

This is a much slimmer line, shorter version suitable for your average sized home and is light enough to make a lovely gift too - I was pleased with it when I saw it wrapped up and looking pretty. It's nice to use local tweed/Harris Tweed on a larger scale, although this has to be reflected in the price of course. I would like to be in the position where I'm supporting our local weavers by making larger pieces like this - we'll see how it all pans out!

Back to making a few more 'tiny-tweedies' for the Gallery shop over the next few days, in between enjoying ourselves of course!

Have a happy Sunday!

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

i love that colour pattern of the tweed, it works well as a draught excluder :)

I haven't had a watermelon since I moved here, they always look so small to me lol Its a proper watermelon when you need 4 hands to lift it ;) hmmm going to have to grab one next time I see one :)

florcita said...

lovely colors on that fabric!

The watermelon looks delicious!

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Sometimes you just need to step back and relax! Enjoy your family a little ;-)

june at noon said...

Mmmm, watermelon. Enjoy winding down. :)