Thursday 8 January 2009

My Master Plan (and a mosaic!)

Just a quick post today as I am launching myself at my work area in order to get ready for some serious crafting!

Over the festive holidays I was having a little review of my online shops and trying to get my head round where I should go with each of them. My own website and my webpage on Not on the High Street are both set up to accept custom orders ie. I offer a range of products (often in different colour choices and sometimes personalisation detail) and I then fulfil the order within a set period of time - usually 7-10 days to the customer's requirements.

This month, I hope to stock both my Etsy and Folksy shops with ready-to-ship items. I'd like to use both these shops like a virtual craft fair which will leave me free to create and add whichever products I feel like. Well, that's the plan anyway!! New rulings governing the selling of handmade toys in the USA are very unsettling at the moment which is why I decided to add Folksy to my list of shops (as if I didn't have enough!!).

So this month I'm going to get my head down and get some serious crafting done - I'll keep you up to date on developments! In the meantime here's a little mosaic I did last night of some wonderful creations by artists/crafters on Flickr, going back a couple of months or so (you can click on the links below the pic to get further info on individual artists):


1. Another view of 'Little Deer', 2. New! I love making Kitties!, 3. Tiny Happy hedgehog with purple berries and little pink bird :), 4. Travel Kitty and dino, 5. Stripiest Sweater Bear Ever, 6. Giving it large for Valentine!, 7. bebé, 8. Puse Bottom, 9. detail of Sue's applique

Cheerio an Drasda!

2 comments:

angelfruit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angelfruit said...

Lovely items Alison, you're very talented. ~Dawn~