Thursday, 8 January 2009

My Master Plan (and a mosaic!)

Just a quick post today as I am launching myself at my work area in order to get ready for some serious crafting!

Over the festive holidays I was having a little review of my online shops and trying to get my head round where I should go with each of them. My own website and my webpage on Not on the High Street are both set up to accept custom orders ie. I offer a range of products (often in different colour choices and sometimes personalisation detail) and I then fulfil the order within a set period of time - usually 7-10 days to the customer's requirements.

This month, I hope to stock both my Etsy and Folksy shops with ready-to-ship items. I'd like to use both these shops like a virtual craft fair which will leave me free to create and add whichever products I feel like. Well, that's the plan anyway!! New rulings governing the selling of handmade toys in the USA are very unsettling at the moment which is why I decided to add Folksy to my list of shops (as if I didn't have enough!!).

So this month I'm going to get my head down and get some serious crafting done - I'll keep you up to date on developments! In the meantime here's a little mosaic I did last night of some wonderful creations by artists/crafters on Flickr, going back a couple of months or so (you can click on the links below the pic to get further info on individual artists):

1. Another view of 'Little Deer', 2. New! I love making Kitties!, 3. Tiny Happy hedgehog with purple berries and little pink bird :), 4. Travel Kitty and dino, 5. Stripiest Sweater Bear Ever, 6. Giving it large for Valentine!, 7. bebé, 8. Puse Bottom, 9. detail of Sue's applique

Cheerio an Drasda!


Angelfruit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angelfruit said...

Lovely items Alison, you're very talented. ~Dawn~