Monday 22 June 2009

Buttons Galore!

This is probably the last post in my series of 'the frantic stock-building' mission! I didn't actually expect to get these done at the weekend, so they're an extra little bonus for me. I had some fabric-covered (Harris Tweed, of course) buttons already made up but not packaged, so I managed to make up a few more in checks/plaids, which - I think look really effective.

I'm trying to make sure that I'm using all my craft supplies too eg. button shanks, which I bought a while back, with the notion of conquering the world with Harris Tweed fabric-covered buttons - alas! I've packaged them all up now using recycled cardboard and some little doodles for that extra touch - very rustic, but I think they would make quite nice gifts presented like this.

All that's left now is to speak to 'hubby' nicely (who has been working 12 hour shifts for the last two weeks!) to get up early on Saturday morning, his first day off work, and drive me to the craft fair - Ouch!! (he has been pre-warned though!)

I'll be spending the rest of the week, mostly finishing off stuff, adding labels, pricing, etc - better phone the craft fair lady and confirm my booking, before I go any further!

Cheerio an Drasda!

7 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Oh the packaging is wonderful and extra points must be awarded for the recyledness of them. It's a word - honest! If I forget to say then good luck!

Tweed Thoughts said...

Thank you! You've inspired me with your own amazing 'recycledness' :D

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

your buttons are gorgeous!

Marion said...

I could see these on a plain cardi and it would look amazing. Are they washable?
Good luck with your Craft Fair.

Tweed Thoughts said...

Thanks Janet!

Hi Marion - now there's a question! I'm thinking perhaps not machine-washable because they're 100% wool - I'll have to test that one out, and sew one on to a garment :)!

Jennifer Rose said...

buttons! :D

sorry :p

really like the last ones in the lower pic :)

june at noon said...

I love the buttons, and I really love the look of the recycled cardboard. It's such a great touch!