Saturday 20 June 2009

The Honest Scrap Award

Yikes - I've been passed/nominated or something'd a blog award - Don't panic!! OK - panic!

Well, the lovely lady who passed this award on to me is a fellow Twitterer, which is a great way to meet up with some great crafters/artists. Janet from The Empty Nest sounds like a great lady and her blog is a veritable hive of creativity! To accept the award I have to list 10 honest things about myself and link back to and thank the person who nominated me. Also I have to pass the award onto 7 other blogs of my choice.

Thanks Janet - I am truly honoured!! Here are 10 honest things about myself, in no particular order:
(1) I am the youngest of six children (four girls and two boys). There are only 8 years between the youngest and the eldest in the family, so we are all close.
(2)When I was 10, I jumped off a trampoline at school, landed on my elbow and dislocated/fractured my arm - my wrist never really set properly so I'm not a very good typist (although I work part-time as one!)
(3)I have a very sweet tooth and love eating Jelly Babies!
(4) My two children (both boys, 7 & 13) are six years apart in age but bizarrely were both born at precisely the same time of day - 4.25 am, to be exact.
(5)I have been married for 19 years to the same man and deserve another award for that fact!! (just kidding hubby!) We got married on a Friday 13th, so I'm not superstitious!
(6)I love all forms of art and was brought up with other family members who have trained as Artists/Art Teachers or connected to Art in some way.
(7)I am a bit of a wanna-be movie buff and could honestly spend all day watching films (if only I could!)

(8)I was born in the Outer Hebrides and was brought up in a Gaelic speaking household - however I don't speak Gaelic as much as I should!
(9)I dye my own hair as I wouldn't have the patience to sit still in a hairdressers for 2 hours.
(10)I was very close to my mother who sadly passed away 4 years ago. She taught me how to knit and sew, for which I am eternally grateful - she was a wonderful mother and a very gentle natured person.

Here are the 7 blogs I have chosen to pass this award onto:
Swirlyarts

Have a Happy Sunday!

7 comments:

florcita said...

So nice to know a bit more about you. Freaky stuff about your children being born at the same time!
Thanks for passing the award to me! you are super kind!

theothermousie said...

Oooh thank you very much! I'm very honoured x

Nice to find out a little more about you too xx

Jennifer Rose said...

blah jelly babies! ;p vile things

*off to think of 10 things* :D

Jenifir said...

Thanks for tagging me. I was just about to let you know that I was tagging you for "Six unimportant things that I love". I guess at the end of this we will all know a lot more about each other. I think the two tags compliment each other so I hope you want to play along.

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Thanks for sharing Alison...I feel I know you a little better now and that 's a very good thing.

ps...don't tell a soul, but I color my hair too ;-) For 34 years my man thinks I have been 'deep' conditioning it...He..He

Muddlepud said...

Thanks, Alison! It took me a while, but I have finally gotten around to playing. ;)

frutejuce said...

Thank you so much for choosing me for this, so sorry I have been rubbish and not done it yet. I am procrastinating far too much!!! Will get on it at some point soonish I hope!