Monday 15 March 2010

Handmade Pressies

My youngest seemed to truly embrace Mother's Day this year. Here's a pic of the 'goodies' he presented me with in the morning:

There was a handmade heart-shaped chocolate box (his own idea!), a mosaic-tile coaster which he'd made in school, and later he painted this picture of flowers and a watering can. He was awfully excited by the whole thing this year, not quite sure why! It was all lovely . . . just a pity he woke me up sharply at 7.30 am in the morning, to start the celebrations - bless!!!

I spent the weekend finishing off a custom order, which included the Macbook sleeve in that lovely Herringbone tweed. I think it looked pretty good, but I'll wait for my customer to receive it before I post a pic. I also worked on a new design which turned out to be quite fun, but can't post about it yet either - boo hoo!!

Things have been quite busy recently in terms of coming up with new designs and some nice orders too, so I think it's time to slow down a bit this week - perhaps tidy my craftspace, Aaaaargh! and update my cashbooks, more Aaaaaaargh!

Craft-wise I'm hoping to get some more pincushions into the shop and start getting some 'Ladybird softie' kits made-up too. I'll keep you updated as soon as I get these done. I've two more 'softie-kits' in mind but will have to get instructions written up for these yet - it all takes time! If I'm not here, I might be doing either of my two favourite pastimes, 'tidying-up' or 'book-keeping' - NOT!!!!!

Cheerio an Drasda :)

6 comments:

Marion said...

He's definitely his mother's son!
Have fun with your accounts! It's a good feeling when a job like that is out of the way:)

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Well aren't you just a busy bee!!!! Good for you. Our Mothers Day is not until May. You have a special little guy there ;-)

Karin said...

Awww. It shows how happy he is with you as his mom :-) Good luck with all the hard work!

Swirlyarts said...

Ahhhh you got some beautiful gifts too :)

Biba said...

Lovely presents, he's got your skills!
I got the parcel in the post today, thank sooo much - I'll be posting about it! And embark on the ladybird project... Can't wait!

june at noon said...

What a sweet boy, coming up with such good ideas. And lucky you!

Too bad he couldn't give you a box with a few more hours in it, eh? ;)