Wednesday 17 March 2010

my creative space . . .

I'm finally getting my 'ladybird-softie' kits into production mode - hurray!! They should be listed in my Etsy shop by the weekend hopefully, if not sooner! (Thank you to my 'kit-testers' by the way - much appreciated).

There's something quite therapeutic about assembling all the little pieces, weighing out toy-stuffing, adding stickers, tying gift wrap - I must need a holiday! My youngest wanted to help with the assembly line - but he got distracted by the cartoons on the TV quite quickly - well, he'd had a long day at school - poor wee mite! (so much for child-labour!!)

More creative spaces here.

Note: Ladybird softie kit now added to my Etsy shop here.

12 comments:

Cotton Kiwi said...

Yay for child labour! My girls spend ages picking up dropped pins for me and stuffing toys when they can. Love the ladybirds!

Kirsty said...

Ha...mine are always keen to help until they get a better offer (also about 5 minutes).

june at noon said...

My kiddos are not old enough to help in a way that is ... well, helpful. They are much better at wreaking complete chaos somewhere behind me while I pretend not to notice.

Love all those little ladybug eyes!

Unknown said...

Looks like nice progress. Even with a bit of distracted help. They are so cute.

crzylady said...

goodness, I know! What are these children thinking! :)

handmade clothing at Lillipilli Lane said...

Tks for popping by my blog Alison : ) Love those ladybirds, and the tweed!

Biba said...

I'm anxiously awaiting a few moments in my life to squeeze in the much awaited crafting of my softie! I'll keep you posted!

Snooze said...

the ladybird softies are so cute ... i've never seen them before and they are the best

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Love all the little eyes staring at you ;-) I know you will sell many!

michelle said...

love the ladybirds. crack the whip get those kiddies working. why do they need to eat or go to the loo

Cindy said...

Ladybirds are lovely...wish my little ones were big enough to help...even for a little bit.

B @ Sweet Limes said...

Are those ladybugs meant to be pin cushions because those would be so adorable as that. Either way they are super cute.