Sunday 21 March 2010

My Little Blog Shop

Just a quick little post today (a rare evening out at the weekend has left me feeling a little exhausted, but it was fun, hehe!!)

You may have noticed the 'My Little Blog Shop' link at the top of my sidebar - this is a link to a very simple shopping cart system where you can purchase some of my 'tweedie' goodies in British Pounds. No need to register, just click and purchase, using a basic Paypal checkout. It will also serve as an 'add-on' to my original website for buying 'one-of-a-kind' items, craft-kits and everything in between (all for immediate shipment).

Don't worry Dear International Friends, it won't affect my Etsy shops - just a different platform directly linked to my blog. Some of the items I'll be putting here will be stock that I wouldn't normally sell on Etsy (ie. beach-balls) and some just random items which I feel like creating!

I hope you enjoy watching it grow and becoming an integral part of my blog :)

(Hark, I hear you say - what on earth is that mad Scottish woman up to now, with another website!! Yes, I can hear you, all the way up here in the Hebrides, hehe :))

Cheerio an Drasda!

5 comments:

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

Great to see you having a go with the Blog Shop idea Alison. I've been thinking about it for a while now. Seems pretty simple. I wonder if people feel safe enough buying this way. Like, we all know it's safe because it takes us directly to Paypal but I wonder if some of the general public know enough about these things to trust it. Hopefully it will take off in a big way. The more of us using this tool, the more run of the mill it will become and people will recognise it as a great way to shop : )

Tweed Thoughts said...

Know what you mean Aileen - I should add a Paypal logo to the site, whether that will reassure or not, or perhaps a direct link to Paypal's information page.

Great to get your feedback :)!

Biba said...

I've fallen madly in love with your Harris Tweed 'Crafty' Art Doll - sooo sweet!!! I can't purchase it from your website, though. Any chance of listing it on Etsy?

Tweed Thoughts said...

Hi Mojca - I can certainly list it on Etsy too :) I'm planning to make some more in this style over the next few weeks (once I catch up!!)

I'll pop this one on Etsy though - no pressure to purchase it, but it will be there if you want it!
x

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Blog shop....what a great idea..I wasn't sure exactly how that worked..now I know! Thanks Alison and good luck ;-)